Thursday, 28 April 2016

Custom Update: G.I Joe all day, everyday


Time for a short update and to show you some customs. Nothing fancy as I'm still aiming for custom figures that require as little work as possible (more usability and less paint rub too). Let's get going.


Captain Claymore was a lot of fun to make, using the convention figure's head, helmet, vest, backpack and weapons (the figure was too stumpy for me) I transplanted them onto the parts, swapped out the feet with Marauder Falcon's and painted the kneepads while colour matching the upper boots and lower torso's pants. Alas he doesn't have the banana Giraffe camo pattern, but I chose not to do that. 


Stalker here is just the head from last year's convention figure witha  Marauder beret made to fit the neck of the excellent 30th figure (not that I didn't like the dreads, but the new head IS Lonzo Wilkinson).


Airborne is another attempt salvaging the lower legs from the previous custom I had painted all over. If I could get a cast of the Shocktrooper/Steel Brigade vest in a light blue/grey I'd use that to give him a greater classical feel. Still, I am happy with the results and the elastic leg straps glued to the belt.


Finally we come to my Classic Duke in progress, he's almost complete. I just need a US Flag decal for his right shoulder and a Marauder Helmet.


I'm rather pleased at how this has turned out so far. A good use of parts I had laying around.


Please leave any advice and feedback, it's always welcome.



2 comments:

  1. Great customs! Always inspirational to see custom paint jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of the bunch I dig Claymore the most.

    ReplyDelete