Monday, 9 December 2013

1986 meet 2002

Flashback time, 1986 and I'm  4 years old, I've just gotten my 1st G.I. Joe figure ever and it's the Cobra Battle Android Trooper.

He still survives to this day, minus his crotch and all his limbs are floppy. This is the figure that started it all for me. He's the tin trooper who kept on ticking.

There is just something wonderful about the ARAH O-Ring style figures...


edit: forgot to mention the General (Toma)Hawk in the image is from the 2002 Joe vs Cobra series who came with an excellent repaint of the Drug Dealer Headman. 2002 was the 1st time new G.I. Joes would be on New Zealand shores since 1994.

3 comments:

  1. O-Ring Joes are the best Joes. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. I love the Modern era figures, bought what I could of the JvC,Spy troop and VvsV 2-packs when they turned up every now and then (unless they had T-crotches, yuck). But the ARAH O'ring has that charm and simplicity that just works as a toy. I've been eyeing up some of the comic 3-packs and 6-packs from the 2000s... maybe.

      Delete
  2. Wow...In 1986, you were 4. In 1986, I was 24.

    "hey, kid! get off my dang lawn!"

    GI Joe - the uniter across the ages!

    ReplyDelete