Saturday, 20 July 2013

One Eye on the Shockwave

I've come to the conclusion, ever since Cyberverse continued from DotM into last year's Prime line and into the Beast Hunters continuation of Prime series. That the smaller scale is really for me. Pocket sized Transformers that give you a pretty big bang for your buck. Add to them Cyberjets, scout sized vehicles and the recent 2-pack Legends figures and I'm sticking with this line of thinking till the end.



 They also make for easier customization at a fraction of the price, if you screw it up.


Like the new Commander class Shockwave, who has 2 flaws that you can live with but I felt like modding. 1) his head wasn't able to move, 2) his arm cannon was lacking an underside.


Honestly I just pile them all into the same contunity and have the different aesthetics be different sub groups of the Transformers race. Then take the best of each Optimus Prime etc as the current look.

4 comments:

  1. Shockwave is my favorite Transformer and I want to get a hold of a vintage one or even a reissue or good bootleg of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, you can't really go wring with any Shockwave, let alone that space laser gun of the original.

      Delete
  2. Nice work man! What was your process? I'd love to get his head to turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to take snaps of the head and the joint I've added.

      Delete