Wednesday, 30 January 2013

End of the month...

Time for O-rings!



Now I grew up with Transformers, Lego (soooo good), Dinoriders, M.A.S.K and a bit of Centurions. But the daddy of them all was G.I Joe. First figure was a 86 B.A.T and my first vehicle was the Tomahawk (my brother convinced me that the Havok was lame and that a helicopter was better to get, he got the Conquest X-30 and a B.A.T, and years before that Action Force releases of Bazooka and a Cobra Trooper).



So O'Rings, though they are not my focus with G.I.Joe, I will eternally love them. Something about the sculpts of those days I find so endearing now. Even now I'm half tempted to track down some 1998 Cobra infantry 3-packs...




A vintage HiSS I picked up that came with the Driver and a loose Major Bludd.



These JvC era O-ring 2-packs figures were some of the 1st Joes to see New Zealand shores since the early 90s. Along with them came those crap t-crotched wave 1 figures, later came the Spy Troops (2-3 waves) and 4 waves of Valor vs Venom along with some single carded repacks, hence why I have about 10 o-Ring Neo-Vipers in Blue. Quite why I have a HiSS IV I don't know... if I'm not so embarrassed I mike take a few pictures this year with it.

I love the Cobra Viper, my brother had the 86 Viper, his leg broke sadly back in the day. I did end up with the 1990/1 Sonic Viper who was gold and brown with a red visor. Somewhere down rhe line they lost the lower body parts and replaced them with B.A.T legs sometime after all the Extreme and Sgt Savage silly.


Seriously... Vipers are excellente. Maybe I should go get a few more O'Ring figures...

1 comment: